So you finally did it, you bought your first home! You have a millions ideas and it’s all starting to seem a bit overwhelming. Well take it easy, you don’t have to do everything at once. You’re going to be here for a little while and you’ll figure it out as you go along. Here are some initial things you can do to get the ball rolling.
1. Contact utility companies.
2. Find out when garbage and recycling days are.
3. Update your drivers license, car registration, and voter registration.
4. You’ve got your new keys, now change the locks.
5. Grab some delivery menus from local restaurants (you’re going to need them!).
6. Find your main water shut off valves both inside and out.
7. Find your circuit breaker box. Try it out to make sure everything is labeled properly.
8. Check your smoke detector’s batteries and check into fire extinguishers.
9. Get together some cleaning supplies.
10. Get some tools together. You don’t have to go crazy with this, you will probably need a ladder, a hammer, screwdrivers, a wrench, pliers, tape measure, toilet plunger ( you never know)
11. If you have outdoor space, where you didn’t before, look into lawn mowers, weed whackers, and shovels.
12. You’ll want a first aide kit on hand (again, you never know!)
Author:Michelle Federman Phone: 267-980-7653 Dated: April 2nd 2015 Views: 1,301 About Michelle: Michelle Federman is a Philadelphia native. She worked for years in her family’s business, where s...
We are very excited to present SPACE & COMPANY, a boutique real estate brokerage dedicated to re-thinking real estate in Center City , Philadelphia. Our business model, characterized by a commitment to our local community, green living and technology, provides a unique perspective for our clients and agents. Educating our agents on quickly changing market trends and supporting their use of the latest technological tools is a priority.
At SPACE & COMPANY we continue to embrace our forward thinking, results-oriented marketing. Things have changed drastically for the real estate industry in the past few years. Given this, we are not content to provide the status quo – we will continue to strive to be a step ahead, offering creative solutions that speak for themselves.