Spring is right around the corner, I know this because the tulips are already starting to bloom in my flower bed. Oh, and because I am a Realtor...and we know all about the spring! We know better than to plan any major vacations because we need to be ready and available for you during the busiest season in Real Estate. The majority of home owners who plan on selling their homes this season have already started the process of prepping their homes, but don't worry....it's not to late for you, I am here to help! Whether you are in the suburbs, city, single home, or condo, there are some basic step you need to take to prep the interior of your home:
1) Staging...this is a practice used to make your home look like something out of HGTV...staging can be done with rented furniture (which is ideal for a vacant property) or by using your current furniture and rearranging or removing pieces to maximize the rooms potential both visually and
2) Declutter...most folks will look around and think "yep, we're good". Most likely you still need some help. Keep the countertop clear of everything...no toaster ovens, dishes drying on a dish rack, or baskets with spices sitting out. It's tempting to think to yourself that "buyers will understand we are still living here...", no, you want the buyer to visualize THEMSELVES living there and it's hard to do when they see too much of YOU living in the home. So ask your stager or agent (me! me! me!) to spend some time helping you through this process.
3) Service your home...make sure all major components of the home have been serviced and are functioning at their highest level for their age. In some cases it may make sense to replace something that is broken prior to putting on the market.
4) Fix it...if it's broken or in really poor condition, buyers will notice and assume that they will have to make major repairs if they purchase. They will likely take if off the offer price. Additionally, the less you leave to be revealed during the home inspections, the smoother the sale will go and ultimately more money for you!
For single family home and town homes:
5) Curb appeal...This one is big, you only get one chance to make a first impression. The minute a buyer pulls up to your house they either get that gitty felling in their stomaches or they don't. Clean up your leaves, plant flowers, power wash the exterior. If your front door is chipped or dull, paint it, I am happy to assist you with what colors are working right now.
Here is an example of a house that was properly prepped for the market. Remember, our job is to get you the highest price from the most qualified buyer...let us :)
Author:Jenna Leggette Phone: 267-334-6599 Dated: March 1st 2018 Views: 353 About Jenna: ...
We are very excited to present SPACE & COMPANY, a boutique real estate brokerage dedicated to re-thinking real estate in Center City, Philadelphia. Our business model, characterized by a commitment to our local community, green living and technology, provides a unique perspective for our clients and agents. Educating our agents on quickly changing market trends and supporting their use of the latest technological tools is a priority.
At SPACE & COMPANY we continue to embrace our forward thinking, results-oriented marketing. Things have changed drastically for the real estate industry in the past few years. Given this, we are not content to provide the status quo – we will continue to strive to be a step ahead, offering creative solutions that speak for themselves.